GEF Institute is offering a 10 percent discount on their latest online course, Water and Sustainability! This course is also part of the requirements to earn a professional certificate in sustainability (also available at 10 percent off!). Just use the coupon code ‘water’ when you checkout.
Here are a few stats on the water course:
- approximately 3.5 hours long
- completely online and self-paced
- normally $125 USD
- includes rich images, video narration, activities, discussion forums, readings, quizzes, and more!
- appropriate anyone in high school, higher education, or the workforce!
Keep reading for a snippet from Reading 1: Why Water Matters
“Civilizations have thrived or collapsed depending on their access to and control of water. Despite this reality, many of us remain unaware of how much our lives depend on this remarkable substance. It is relatively easy to see obvious uses such as drinking, bathing, and cleaning, but there are so many ways in which water is “hidden” from view: food production, electricity generation, and manufacturing among others. In much of the world, access to reliable and clean water remains daily hard work. The current water struggles that millions of people endure are expected to spread as population growth, mounting consumption, and climate change combine into a global water crisis. These challenges are prompting people around the globe to promote forward-thinking approaches to water that are aligned with sustainability and the ecological systems of the Earth.”
To learn more about water and sustainability check out GEF Institute’s online course! Additional topics covered include:
- Why water matters and how it is central to sustainability
- The global water crisis and how water pollution, unsustainable use, climate change, and waste impact people and ecosystems.
- Sustainable water systems and the choices and tools we have to create awareness and strategies to respect and sustain local and global water resources