By conducting business as usual, schools can take a big toll on the environment. The Planet People’s Challenge winners’ ideas are simple, yet effective. And they can be implemented in schools nationwide to have an enormous collective impact! Get inspired by learning more about successful programs around the world.
Here are some of the many changes the winner of this years’ contest, Vikas Malhotra, has implemented at his office:
- Switching the customary styrofoam cups to ceramics.
- Encouraging the paperless route by doing all the office billing online and offering direct deposit, rather than sending out mailings and printing up checks.
- Employees are now using the front and back of paper when printing, and only printing when necessary, reducing spending on office supplies.
- Car-pooling in to the work place is encouraged with premium parking spots for employees who take advantage of this great tool.
- The office plans to award a prize incentive to the office members for going green. Each mission they are able to accomplish will give them points and at the end of each quarter, prizes will be awarded to the Green Workers who put forth the best effort to make a positive change.
How does your office practice sustainable business?